CAULIFLOWER BAKE WITH FARMHOUSE CHEDDAR
Prep time-10 minutes
Cook time-30 minutes
Total time-40 minutes
1 head of cauliflower
16 oz. Fiscalini Farmhouse cheddar
4 oz. melted butter
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop cauliflower into medium and small pieces. Rinse of w/ cold water to clean and place into a casserole dish. Quarter the shallots and add to dish as well. Sprinkle w/ salt and pepper. Pour melted butter over the cauliflower and toss w/ tongs.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Shred cheddar in a large bowl and toss w/ cornstarch. This will help to create a smoother cheese sauce.
- Bring whipping cream to a slight simmer on medium heat. Whisk in shredded cheddar a handful at a time until sauce thickens. It should slowly stretch from whisk.
- Add the cheese sauce to cauliflower covering as much as possible.
- Finish baking for 25 minutes until browning and bubbling.