TRUFFLE CHEDDAR RISOTTO
Prep time-10 minutes
Cook time-20 minutes
Total time-30 minutes
6 oz. Fiscalini Truffle Cheddar
1 ½ cup Carnaroli or Arborio rice
6 cups chicken stock
½ cup white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
½ pound chopped cremini mushrooms
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Add rice and chicken stock to a medium pot. Heat until boiling.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and occasionally stir w/ a wooden spoon.
- While the rice is cooking sauté the onion and garlic in a medium pan w/ olive oil and thyme.
- Stir in the onions along w/ the chopped mushrooms, white wine, salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer and mix until risotto is creamy and tender.
- Shred Fiscalini truffle cheddar into risotto and mix. Make sure to leave some to top.