FISCALINI FARMS CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
3 Tbsp. Butter
3-1/4 cup milk
1 cup chopped Onion
1 lb. Fiscalini Farms Cheddar Cheese (any flavor), grated
2/3 cup flour
1-1/2 cup beer
3 cups chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté onion in butter and then add flour. Continue to cook over a medium heat for approximately two minutes until the roux is cooked. Slowly add the chicken stock.
2. Heat milk in a separate pot until just boiling. Add the cheese a little at a time until it has all melted.
3. Gradually stir the milk and cheese mixture into the first mixture.
4. Next, add the beer and cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Note: DO NOT BOIL
6. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs and a little grated cheese.