LINDA'S LIONZA STUFFED MUSHROOMS
12 large fresh mushrooms
5 Tbs butter (melted)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ C butter
½ C chopped onions
1 Tbs all-purpose flour
½ C heavy cream
¼ C chopped fresh parsley
½ C shredded Fiscalini Lionza cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop stems and set aside. Arrange caps hollow side up in the baking dish. Drizzle with 5 Tbs melted butter, salt and pepper to taste
3. Melt ¼ C butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushroom stems and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Gradually blend in flour and heavy cream until smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in parsley.
4. Generously stuff mushroom caps with the mixture. Top with Fiscalini Lionza cheese.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.