THE NEW CHEDDAR-APPLE PIZZA PIE
A savory take on the tradition of apple pie with Cheddar cheese. The deep, rich flavor of an aged California Cheddar really stands up to the aromatic intensity of toasted cumin and the sweet-tart taste of red and green apples.
3 oz. traditional pizza sauce
1 (10-inch) extra-thin pizza crust (tart dough or cracker crust preferred)
4 oz. shredded Fiscalini whole-milk Mozzarella
3 oz. finely sliced skin-on red and green apple
2 oz. shredded Fiscalini Vintage Bandage Wrapped Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp. ground toasted cumin seeds
1. Spread pizza sauce thinly over crust; sprinkle evenly with half the Mozzarella.
2. Sprinkle with 1 oz. of the apples, reserving the most colorful for garnish.
3. Sprinkle Cheddar and remaining Mozzarella on top; dust with cumin.
4. Bake at 475⁰F until crust has golden edge and crisp bottom and cheese is slightly brown.
5. Sprinkle with remaining apples.