SMOKED SALMON AND EGG ON A TORTILLA WITH LIONZA
Smoked salmon & egg on homemade tortilla
Prep time-15 minutes
Cook time-23 minutes
Makes 15 tacos
2 cups masa harina
2 cups hot water
1 teaspoon fine salt
2 tablespoon cookie scoop
10 oz. Fiscalini Lionza
1 lb. thick-style smoked salmon
15 medium eggs
1 cup thinly sliced radish
½ cup torn cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion
4 ripe avocados
4 green jalapenos
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ tablespoon salt
2 cups vinegar
2 ½ cups water
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon peppercorn
Pickled onion and candied jalapeno preparation
- Make a pickle brine for the red onions by combining 2 cups water, 2 cups vinegar, 1 cup sugar, peppercorn and garlic. Gently mix in a bowl.
- Slice onions into both thin and thick strips. The thinner they are sliced the brighter in color they will be. Add to brine solution and cover w/ plastic wrap. Let sit overnight.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ cup sugar in a bowl and mix w/ a spoon for 1 minute. Slice the jalapenos and add to the bowl. Pour in ½ cup of water and mix. Cover w/ plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- In a large bowl mix salt and masa harina. Slowly fold in hot water and finish by mixing by hand until dough forms a ball and is firm.
- Cover w/ plastic and let rest on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your tortilla press by covering the inside w/ wax paper so it does not stick.
- Scoop a ball of dough onto wax paper and press into a 5 in round tortilla.
- Heat tortilla on a hot skillet for approximately 1 minute on each side until lightly browned.
- For a slightly burnt tortilla place it over the stove flame until charred. Repeat on each side.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan and cook egg sunny side up.
- Top your tortilla w/ smoked salmon, fried egg, pickled onions, avocado slices, candied jalapenos, radish, cilantro and Fiscalini Lionza cheese.